Wednesday, August 03, 2005

THE THRILL OF SMALL DAILY VICTORIES

In keeping with my goal of improving myself a little each day,last night I finally finished the automata (mechanical paper model) of the "Agreeable Sheep," which I had printed last week on cardboard but never got to work on.

Tasha, who was watching me cutting out the cardboard parts and assembling the model, waited till about past ten to see me complete the project. At one point she even volunteered to help me glue the tiny parts when she saw me struggling a bit. ("Do you need a smaller finger?")

"How cute!" Tasha exclaimed when she saw me turn the handcrank that made the sheep's head bob up and down.

Now that I have assembled my first automata, I feel like moving on to more complex models. And since I now know how these things work basically and I also believe I can start designing my own simple models.

What a big difference a small accomplishment makes!

No comments: