Sunday, August 07, 2005

THERE'S ALWAYS SOMETHING TO BE THANKFUL FOR

Yesterday I pulled out our car from the repair shop and paid a total of P 19,400.00 for major repairs to problems which were not supposed to be there in the first place.

I brought the car in last Wednesday because it was overheating. I suspected there was a leak somewhere because I had just filled up the reservoir with coolant last Sunday,but that morning when the car overheated and I checked under the hood, the reservoir was empty! Then when I was finally able to open the radiator there was no water visible, and I had to fill it up with about two liters of water.

When the mechanics checked,they said the water pump needed replacement. (P 3,900) After a little while,they called up again and said they needed to replace some bearings because it was making a humming sound.(P3,600) Then much later, the supervisor informed me they discovered another major problem: the CV joints needed replacement and it was for our safety that this had to be done (P 5,000)

This was one of those unexpected expenses, and it couldn't have come at a very bad time. I was saving up money because I have to pay over P34,000 worth of taxes this August!

It was difficult looking for something to be thankful for under the circumstances. But I found out that if you really want to think positive...you'll be able to find something good even in a bad situation.

My positive thought was this: "I should still be thankful the problems of the car were found out. What if I had met an accident because the repairs hadn't been done. I would probably been in a worse way, and our expenses would have been much bigger than P 19,400."

With that thought in mind I was able to bounce back from the initially frustrating situation and enjoy the rest of the day dating my wife!

No comments: