Monday, August 29, 2005

THE SIMPLE KIND OF LIFE

Donabel,a former colleague at Jollibee, sent an email entitled:Cashing In,Opting Out. It was about former executives who decided to "retire" early from the rat race and get a life.

The common theme was that these people realized there was more to life than career,success and money. Family was important and most gave up lucrative jobs to be with the kids (the people who mattered.) One father used to have someone do the mowing of the lawn, but now he had fun doing it with the kids!

They also realized that their skills were still useful to other people and though they did not make as much money as before,they got a lot of fulfillment.

I recall the lyrics of John Denver's song: "Thank God I'm A country Boy!"

Well the simple kind of life never did me no harm
Of raisin me a family and working on the farm
My days are all filled with a simple kind of charm
Thank God I'm a Country boy

I wouldn't trade my life for diamonds and jewels
I never was one of them money-hungry fools
I'd rather have my fiddle, and my farm and tools
Thank God I'm a Country boy!

No comments: