Wednesday, August 17, 2005

O YE OF LITTLE FAITH

James had been battling with fever yesterday and because of the ongoing dengue scare I couldn't help be concerned that he just might have gotten it!

When I checked his temperature this morning (I put my hand on his brow and felt his body) it was still a bit hot so I decided it would be better to bring him to the hospital and have him checked. At least if we knew he had it then we knew what we had to do.

In spite of my resolve though I could not help but feel worried so I prayed that James get well and hopefully did not have dengue. I was confident he had an edge because of his constitution but still it was better I play it safe.

It was a real struggle to be positive about the situation but somehow I managed to see this as a test of faith. I found out that if I let go fo my worries it was easier to trust God to do His job.

Fortunately, my doctor brother-in-law was around and when he took a look at James he said it was the flu. He prescribed some meds and said he'd check up on James later since he would be home during the day.

No comments: