Tuesday, August 23, 2005

A REFLECTION: HUMAN BEING?HUMAN DOING?HUMAN BECOMING OR BEING/BECOMING HUMAN?

I've just had an activity-filled schedule these past two days.

Last Monday,I facilitated a strategic planning session with one of our Chowking stores that needed to turnaround, and yesterday I attended the Grand opening of our Pacific Star branch and attended FSC awarding ceremonies.

When I got home after each of these events I felt tired so I did some basic Yoga exercises to put myself at ease and help me relax.

This is my reflection:

I felt fulfilled I was able to put some hope in the members of the store that needed turning around. The franchisee was fired up about fighting it out in the market and if her spunk is an indicator,I'm optimistic they will succeed. After the session, I felt I had lived up to my title of "consultant."

My day was full yesterday with all the activities I had lined up. I also had a feeling of accomplishment though all I did was show up and give an inspirational talk or two.

But when I was also "doing" my Yoga exercises and feeling good from the stretching & relaxing, I also felt this was what living was all about. Life is also about just being still...we don't have to be doing something all the time!

My realization:

To be fully human...I have to do something.(There are talents,capabilities that were "gifted" to me...to be used for the service of my fellowmen)

To be fully human...I have to become the person I'm supposed to be.

To be fully human...I sometimes just have to stop and be still, and let life take its course.

No comments: