Sunday, August 07, 2005

HOW TIME FLIES!

Yesterday, we brought our second son James to UP for his UPCAT exams. We underestimated the traffic so even though we were just outside the walls of the campus by 6 AM,we were crawling at snail's pace we feared James would not make it on time.

We decided that he and Jaja should walk to the exam venue, and it was good we did, because it took me another thirty minutes just to get inside!

Later, Jaja and I had breakfast at Craving's in Katipunan and while we were eating, we got to reminiscing about how it seemed like only yesterday when I was bringing James to nursery school at the Center for Talent and Education Center (CTEC) at Greenhills. I recalled how he was all smiles and didn't seem scared about being left alone with his teachers. I also recounted how behaved he was when I left him in class during his first day at Lourdes School.

Soon he would be in College (assuming he does pass his entrance tests,) and pretty soon, Tasha, our youngest will be going through the same rites of transition.

I can't but help recall the words from the "Fiddler On the Roof" song which goes:

Sunrise, Sunset
Sunrise, Sunset
Swiftly fly the days
Seedlings turn overnight to sunflowers
Blossoming even as we gaze

So far so good...when I look at how our kids have blossomed, I can say we've not done too bad as parents.

I wonder how it will be when we're grandparents! Only time will tell. :-)

No comments: