Thursday, September 29, 2005

WHAT A WASTE OF PRECIOUS LIFE!

I heard over the radio this morning that a woman suicide bomber in Iraq blew herself up killing 6 other people and wounding many others.

I asked myself,what would really drive people to take their own precious lives and take others' lives with them?

Here I realized once again how one's mindset and beliefs affects one's behaviors. These suicide bombers may have reached a point where their ideology or programming may have led them to believe that the act of killing themselves and others,whether guilty or innocent,is justified.

There must have been a compelling reason why that woman may have done what she believed to be right, at the cost of her own life, but no matter how I look at it...it's a waste of precious life, and morally wrong.

If this act had been inspired by so-called religious teaching or by a tenet of faith,then that religion or doctrine must be misguided.

No comments: