Tuesday, September 20, 2005

RANDOM THOUGHTS

* I read an article by former NEDA head Cielito Habito that most of our country's trillion peso budget (about 70% of it ) will go to so-called debt servicing. What's frustrating to know is that we will be paying for past government investments (e.g. the Bataan Nuclear Plant) that we never benefitted from!

* In my desire to get going with the cover design of the San Beda Reunion Souvenir Program,I've been reading stuff on how to draw comics,1 point and 2 point perspective and have started doodling and sketching again. Nothing like an ambitious goal to keep the adrenaline going and keep my day interesting. I've always realized the power of a vision, and it's the visualization of the completed project that's getting me pumped up! Fresh ideas for sitcomics just keep popping up!

* Last Saturday I finally met with Jack Dumaup, an ex-Juvenist, who is now active in the Youth Ministry of a born-again church. I admired his conviction and his zeal in sharing his experience of being born again. Now if only our priests could be that converted and zealous the Catholic church here would be a bit more alive!

No comments: