Monday, March 12, 2007

Reflection on TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE

I've been reading Mitch Albom's "Tuesdays with Morrie" and I just finished the part where Morrie Schwartz tells Mitch that one has to learn how to forgive oneself just as he must learn how to forgive others. Then he went on to say that he regretted not having written more books or that he should've done more, but he must now let it go because he was dying and would no longer be able to do these things.

It made me think of my own list of things I would want to do in my lifetime. I've crossed out several in this list but there are still many more I haven't done,e.g the songs I haven't written, the businesses I should've put up, the murals I wanted to paint,the trips with the family I dreamed of taking,the friends and loved ones to whom I still haven't said;"I Love You".

I realized that if I don't follow the Nike motto of just "doing it" on my deathbed I will have a whole litany of "sins" for which I will have to forgive myself.

Somehow, Morrie's lessons have pushed me to just face life with more abandon and more enjoyment. I will not wait for the perfect time to do something...because that perfect moment is now!

No comments: