Wednesday, March 14, 2007

POSTSCRIPT TO REFLECTION ON "TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE"

A thought just struck me while mulling over what I read from "Tuesdays With Morrie"...

Morrie somehow appreciated what it meant to live fully when he knew he was going to die. I got the insight that I need not wait for this situation to start living fully.

One of Morrie's favorite mantras was "Love each other or perish." That is what I resolve to do each day now...to make sure that I get to love or express my love to someone each day...before it becomes too late.

Corollary to this,I will try my darndest best not to think ill of my fellowmen (e.g the #@!!! who drive on the fast lane or cut me in traffic :-)) or learn to forgive in my heart those who do me wrong!

I think that's it...living happily means you've expressed your love to the people who matter...and you don't go around carrying the burden of guilt of not having forgiven someone who has wronged you!

No comments: