Thursday, March 09, 2006

UPDATING MY LIST OF GOALS & SOME OTHER THOUGHTS

The saying that "Life is short" was brought to fore last week when one of the members of our San Beda egroups,Simon "Tos"Santos Jr.,died of a heart attack. I think he was 52 or 53 years old. He left behind a wife and 6 kids.

It got me thinking about the hypothetical question:"What would you do if you knew this was going to be your last day?" There were a lot of things I wanted to do which I wished I could do in my lifetime. So one thing led to the other and it ended up with me looking at my list of goals and ticking off those I had already accomplished (e.g the Reunion of ex-Juvenists) & adding new ones.

Added to my list were those about improving my skills and potentials...like learning Adobe Photoshop,going back to my hobbies & interests (like photography, illustrating) ,to new sports: like aikido.

I also wrote down additional places I would like to visit (like the Bahamas,Rio de Janeiro) for a romantic weekend or an enjoyable vacation with the kids. Just imagining myself achieving these was enough to get me excited and alive again.

I know the only thing blocking me from getting these things done were my own mental blocks and the amount of money at hand.

But as I've already experienced time and again,if I really put my mind and heart to it,the resources seem to just come.

SOME OTHER THOUGHTS:

A funny thought just came to mind while I was thinking about why remain faithful to one wife. What is the promise in heaven for this? I thought maybe, the reward would be that because I was willing to put aside my sexual urges (and not to sleep with the women I've been attracted to) and be faithful to Jaja...perhaps in heaven, my reward would be I get to sleep with all those women with no guilt at all & have the most wonderful sex everyday!

How about those poor Islamic suicide bombers? I heard they were promised 72 virgins in heaven if they die for their faith. An idea for a cartoon would be to show that the virgins they were going to make love to are old spinsters or fat women...after all, Mohammed did not really qualify what these virgins would look like!

No comments: