Sunday, March 26, 2006

TRANSITIONS atbp

I got an email last Friday from a friend saying she has found her "significant other" (S.O. in today's lingo) and that we,her close friends,keep this a secret in the meantime.

I know what she's been through and I do wish this relationship works out well for her and her growing daughter's sakes.

It just made me realize how people are going through transitions everyday and the way we handle those transitions really make an impact on future outcomes.

Take Tasha for instance. She competed last Saturday in the International School Goodwill Gymnastics Competition at the new IS facility at Global City. Jaja and I recounted Tasha's first IS competition when she was about 6 years old. She didn't win anything then but she made a resolve then to do better. Now, almost seven years later she is competing at the highest category...the Open category. Since there were only two of them competing,they were both assured of medals. But,looking back,if Tash had been discouraged after that first experience she would not have even gotten this far.

This past week I've been obsessed about getting things on my "to do" list done. One of them was to learn Adobe Photoshop. First, though I had to be able to load the software onto my PC. I had borrowed pirated copies from Marketing but wasn't able to install it because of an activation security code. Yesterday, I bought another pirated version hoping I could finally get it going in my PC. Turns out I only needed to install a "crack" code and it worked.

My realization: if I really put my mind and heart to something I want done...it gets done. Now, I'm another step closer to achieving something I wrote on my list.

Bench pressing 160 lbs.,is another item on my list that will soon be crossed out by June.

Because of these small successes I'm now putting my mind and heart to:

a) Organizing the tour to the USA for my family and ex-Juvenists
b) Setting up websites for my own family and the Oranditan which will feature a composite photo of the Mendoza Progeny from Lolo & Lola Iqui to the latest additions.
c) Being able to play the acoustic solo version of the Beatles' "In My Life" which became our Reunion's theme song

No comments: