Tuesday, March 21, 2006

NEW MILESTONES

My only daughter, and youngest child,Natasha Marie, graduated from elementary at St. Paul's College,Pasig last Saturday. Two weeks from now,my second son, James Benedict will also be graduaing from High School at Lourdes School Mandaluyong. So this year is a banner year for producing graduates as far as the Millbrae Mendoza's is concerned.

So next year,I will have two kids in College and one in High School. How time has really flown! Or is it really that the kids have grown so fast!

It seemed like only yesterday that I was accompanying my kids to their respective classrooms to attend their first day in school. Then, I was more concerned about whether they'd like school and by any chance, also excel in school like I did.

TJ, my eldest cried during his first day in nursery school. He did pretty well in elementary,sometimes finding himself in the Top Ten of his class, and sometimes doing pretty well in extra-curricular activities,like his famous "Dirty Hands" elocution competition. He didn't have any problems in High school though he could have done better. There were ups and downs in College all because he can't get himself to focus on his studies. But, in a year he'll be finishing College hopefully.

James,enjoyed nursery school...passed elementary grades without really studying hard(that's why we called him "The Amazing James") and just barely made it through High School.

Tasha,surprised us all.She only had several months of nursery and made it to Kinder at St. Paul's. Then considering she was into gymnastics she still managed to do good in school.

So whether they'll like school and survive is moot and academic now.They've all shown that they can pass the grade...although none of them really excelled academically.

Now,it seems my concern is how soon will they be able to finish College and be able to fend for themselves.

I can't wait for the next milestones in my kids' lives.

No comments: