Sunday, March 12, 2006

TAKING MYSELF TO THE EDGE & OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE

I invested 100K in a 1 year time deposit this morning. My relationship banker, Claire Guiao, suggested I invest it in a mutual fund (much of which I couldn't really understand) but when she said the words I could understand:"no guarantee on the principal...risk of the principal" my reaction was to be risk averse again and just go with the low risk but low return time deposit.

The story of my life, I guess.

I don't know if when someone writes my biography the basic theme would be:"His life was predictable...and boring." And it would be true because unlike others my age, I've basically kept to a safe pattern of existence, and not thrown caution to the wind & done crazy things one reads about in novels.

I've not travelled on a backpack or hiked mountains or lived on the edge. Nor have I planned many vacation trips with the kids because my first priority has always been about saving money for the rainy day.

Not that I have not had my thrills...but I wonder what it would be like to just live it up a little!

No comments: