Wednesday, August 02, 2006

ON DEATH AND DYING

It's been two weeks since I started having heart palpitations and because of its effects on me sometimes I can't help but think about death and dying.

Though the palpitations are less pronounced,thanks to the medication I've been taking,I feel some difficulty breathing properly since my heartbeats are irregular. When I do something that requires some effort like walking upstairs or taking a walk to Shangrila I can't do it as quickly as I used to because I feel some heaviness on my chest and some weariness.

I tried doing a light work out the other day and though I could easily lift 30 pound weights prudence dictated that I just stick with very light weights. I didn't even sweat...soit didn't count as a work out!

It's a bother really.

So am I just waiting for the big attack? I try not to think of it because I know I've still a lot of things I want to do. And when I think of my wife and kids and how my passing away will affect them...I get the motivation to keep on living.

Perhaps what God wants me to do right now is just slow down and enjoy life as much as I can.

No comments: