Monday, August 28, 2006

ON MENTAL TOUGHNESS AND ON SLOWING DOWN

I watched Tiger Woods win the WGC Invitational yesterday. He almost gave it away when he couldn't keep his lead in regulation play. But during the playoff with Stewart Cink,who battled him hole for hole,he showed why he was a champion. In the fourth playoff hole,he stuck his approach shot within 8 feet while Cink's went into the bunker. Given that opportunity Tiger sunk the birdie putt for the win. Cink had his chance in the previous hole but didn't capitalize on it...therein lay the difference. Both were under a lot of pressure but I guess Tiger handled it better...was mentally tougher than Stewart...that's why he came out on top...for the fourth straight time!

Now that I have this nagging problem of an irregular heartbeat I realized once again that perhaps the Good Lord wants me to slow down some more.Maybe enjoy life a little bit more in the process. After all, I did my best in trying to stay healthy & yet my genetics seems to have acted up in the process.

This is just another obstacle I have to work around.

No comments: