Sunday, July 23, 2006

CALLING ON HEAVEN FOR HELP DURING A TIME OF CRISIS

It came so suddenly I was caught off guard!

I was having dessert after a heavy buffet lunch last Wednesday when I started having palpitations. It was not the first time I had such an episode but this was different because the palpitations were quite strong and went on for a prolonged period of time that I was starting to feel some pain on mychest from the pounding.

I was in a seminar at the time so I had to excuse myself and be driven by Jaja to the Medical City ER for a check up. The resident on duty detected the abnormal heartbeat and saw that my BP had risen to 150/100 but the ECG they did on me showed things were normal! They gave me some meds and I took the rest of the day off.

I was able to attend the whole session Thursday and even went to the gym afterwards.However, come Friday morning I was feeling the arrythmia again so I decided to take the day off. I thought that resting would revive me and rid me of the pain but I was wrong. It seemed to have gotten worse such that in desperation I cried for help from someone whom I had forgotten for a very long,long time...Our Mother of Perpetual Help.

Her picture was just beside our bed and at the height of an attack I asked for a miracle...that she take the malady away.

I didn't get relief at once but as I have experienced time and again,my prayers seemed to have been answered in a different way. For one, I had some restful naps where in I felt some relief. Then yesterday, Sunday, my sister arrived from Cebu and through her connections I got a different medicine which seemed to have worked better than the one prescribed to me before.

No comments: