Sunday, June 05, 2011

DAY 4: ROME OR BUST

Chris Guillebeau's prompt for the 30 day writing challenge was to identify the place I'd really like to visit before I die and write down what I've been doing to get there.

I'd really like to visit Rome (and some other places in Italy) to say I've really lived!

I've not really mapped out any concrete plans for making this dream happen although I've brought up the idea of getting the Redemptorist Fathers to sponsor a trip for us ex-Juvenists to their headquarters in Rome.

I've also checked Rick Steves' website and have an idea of the cost of such a trip ( a 14-day European tour using the Rick Steves tour services will set us back about $ 5,000 each!)

Maybe I need to firm up in my mind that I would like to see the place and from there detail a course of action.

I'm not as driven yet because the vision is not that clear.


No comments: