Monday, March 31, 2008

TRANSITIONS:TJ'S FIRST DAY ON THE JOB


Today,April 1...April Fool's Day...TJ, my eldest son, starts work at Solutions Exchange as a Quality Assurance trainee.

I hope it's not a joke!

I can't get over the "real"-ness of the situation and can't help be amazed at how TJ has morphed... from a squeaky clean toddler who used to play hide and seek games with me...to a now mature-looking-though-still nerdish member of today's working class.

As the lyrics in the song "Sunrise Sunset" goes:

"Sunrise, sunset...swiftly flow the days
seedlings turn overnight to sunflowr's
blossoming even as we gaze"

Admittedly, I wasn't always around to witness everything that happened to him or share all his ups and downs. I guess that was never meant to be,because I was "busy" building a life of my own so that they...my kids... would have a good start in life.

The fact is ... that TJ now has a job and will experience what it's like to earn money which is a good thing...and maybe that is proof enough that somehow I may have done a pretty good job as a Dad.

No comments: