Monday, March 03, 2008

TJ'S GRADUATION: A MAJOR MILESTONE



My eldest son, TJ graduated last February 9 during the Graduation rites of De La Salle University held at the PICC. He was one among 700 plus graduates who received their diplomas that day and, as we jokingly say in our family, joined the growing ranks of the unemployed.




For TJ, it must have really been a BIG event,considering that he had to struggle through several personal crises and hurdle the seemingly unpassable gauntlet of Maths and Physics subjects. When I recall the times he was in tears...almost in despair because he feared he would never pass...I can understand the great big (silly) smile on his face (almost like a sigh of relief) when he posed for a photo after the ceremonies!




For me, it was a moment I was really proud of. Not because I managed to see my son through college...but because TJ, in spite of his trials, stuck to his guns and completed something he started! I was indeed proud of my son's achievement!




For Jaja, who never had the chance to march during her own graduation(because she couldn't afford then to pay for a toga and gown,)this was a moment of triumph she experienced vicariously with her firstborn. We had wear TJ's cap just to give her a feel of what it was like. Her photo with TJ says it all.






No comments: