Friday, July 29, 2005

THE SPEED OF THOUGHT

It's amazing how much the mind can wander when it does not really have anything particularly planned to think about.

When I look back at how my mind wandered about this morning I realize that there were a lot of thoughts that crossed my mind that were in no way interconnected with one another!

While at breakfast I thought about how lazy our maids were at not telling me we were about to run out of coffee creamer when I had given them prior instructions to alert me whenever this happens. I even had an argument running thru my mind like:

MAID: Sorry kuya hindi namin napansin na wala ng creamer eh.
ME: Ano'ng hindi napansin eh gumagamit din kayo ng creamer!

All of a sudden my mind switched to the thought of seeing the morning sunrise creeping in and how beautiful this sight was. But when Jaja sat at the breakfast table my mind shifted to the thought of reminding her I hadn't had my dose of sex for the week yet!

On the way to the toilet to do my morning "dumping" ritual my mind went from reminding myself to give money to the driver for gas, to a realization that I could improve the video script on Integrity by adding some specific references to cash handling, product handling and stocks/inventory management. All of these in the space of several seconds.

While driving to work, there were some thoughts that crossed my mind but since I was intent on listening to the radio and singing along I realized my mind had kept focused on me singing the right lyrics. No wonder I'm so alert while driving!

No comments: