Wednesday, August 22, 2007

TRUSTING IN GOD: THE KEY TO A HAPPY, STRESS-FREE LIFE

The stock market has been taking a beating these past weeks.

I really shouldn't be worried... except that I had placed a good sum of my "retirement"money on balanced funds,which means part of it were probably invested in equities.

But there in lies the lesson.

No one could really have predicted when this market decline would happen. And if I had spent a lot of time worrying about it,I probably would have ended up just plain miserable instead of living and enjoying my life.

So I choose not to worry myself to death about it. After all the experts say, over the long haul things will get better! Who am I to argue with the "experts."

So there really is a lot of wisdom in the biblical passage that goes:"Look at the birds in the air...they neither spin nor weave yet your Heavenly Father feeds them."

Trusting in the goodness of a Loving Father...that is the key to a healthy,stress-free life.

No comments: