Thursday, May 17, 2007

THE WRITE STUFF...IT'S IN OUR GENES!

I stumbled across my son TJ's Blog,(The Ramblings of A Still Invisible Man) which is a journal of his struggles as a boy turning into a man...or should I say a "lost" boy trying to figure things out for himself...and I should say, I am impressed with his writing! Too bad he thinks he does not have any "special skill" he can be proud of..it's right there in front of him! He actually gets comments from his "fans," friends who actually read his stuff and commiserate with him. It's like they see their own struggles expressed in his blogs.

While reading through his "emo stuff," I saw a link to his cousin Bruce's blog and when I click on it I am blown by the look of his site and his postings. No wonder TJ keeps on ranting about wanting to draw original art...Bruce has some of it in his blog and they're "kewl!" His writing style is different. Short,frank and brutal at times but always interesting. He also has a following among his peers.

While navigating around Bruce's blog I see "frootjoos," my niece Orange's blog and so I pay a visit and get updated with what's happening to her back in LA.

Before I know it my whole afternoon's been absorbed with reading the kids' blogs, finding out more about them...( than I would get from asking them the usual parent question:"So how are things with you?" and getting the usual "OK lang!")...and telling myself "Man,we do come from a family of writers!"

Yep, we the Mendoza's have got the "Write Stuff."

No comments: