Wednesday, December 06, 2006

THE ULTIMATE SACRIFICE

I attended the 25th anniversary of Fr. Leonido "Nonie"Dolor as a priest last Monday(December 4) at the La Salle Lipa Sentrum. In attendance were his brother clergy from the Lipa archdiocese and from the neighboring religious orders,which included among others,the Redemptorists,to which he once belonged.

At one point during the ceremonies I could not help but notice the number of priests and religious,many of whom were probably my age and maybe younger. I thought to myself that had I not left I would probably have been one of them.

The next thought that struck me though was the realization that these men and women were really giving up a lot to be of service to God and their fellowmen. Now that I have experienced the joys of married life and having children, I couldn't help admire the sacrifice these people were making.

No comments: