Sunday, November 06, 2005

IS LIFE ALL ABOUT BURSTING WITH ENERGY OR BEING AT PEACE?

Just had one of those profound thoughts while "meditating" in the john during my morning ritual. I visited my parents' graves yesterday and thought to myself that is this what beign brought into the world is all about? To finally just rest in peace?

As far as I can recall, my life (& everyone's life for that matter) has been about bursting with energy...movement...action...in getting the thrills & adrenaline rush...that is why we say one is alive!!! He moves...he breathes...he lives!!!

And yet I know there were moments in my life when I was just still...and felt most alive!!! These were during moments of prayer...of deep calm...of just sitting watching the sun set or taking in the majestic view of Nature...or just observing my kids or my wife while they were asleep.

I guess that's why they say there are always two sides to everything...for life is both about living as well as dying.

No comments: