Friday, February 20, 2015

DOODLING MEMORIES FROM MY CHILDHOOD: the '60s

I recently turned 60.  Growing up, I never gave much thought to ageing, retirement and "what would life be when I'm old?"  Guess I was too preoccupied with raising a family,pursuing a career in management and making sure I had enough money to see my kids through a decent College Education.  But now that  I'm in a state of "semi-retirement," (in which I don't have a regular job but taking on projects to keep an income stream going, ) I find myself having a lot of time reminiscing about how my life has been.  In a moment of inspiration I decided I would try to capture those memories and images of my childhood growing up in the '60's specially...where I felt that the world was really "perfect."  Thankfully, I found websites that had pictures of landmarks and "iconic" samples ( i.e., ads,appliances,cartoons etc.) representative of that era.  Using these as references, i was able to come up with a DOODLE ART piece which I entitled: " THE '60S IN MY MIND"

No comments: