Tuesday, June 17, 2008

TRYING TO GET THAT FEELING AGAIN

I've been watching my Kitchen Nightmares DVD for the past two nights and have been entertained by Gordon Ramsay's kick-ass-tough-love approach to turning around ailing restaurants around the USA.

I know some of the episodes are staged to make for goof TV viewing but the true stories behind the made for TV reality are definitely true.

One common theme I noticed in these once successful restos gone bad is that the owners or the chefs have lost their passion for what they do. And when that happens,things start going downhill. So usually, one of Gordon's remedies is try to get the chefs or business owners to be passionate about what they do...even if he has to use the "F" word on them over and over again just to light some fire in them.

It just got me thinking about myself. What am I really pasionate about? I'm starting to recognize signs of mediocrity in the way I do things or in the lack of drive to pursue ideas.

Maybe I need Gordon Ramsay to wake my f***ing head off! :-)

No comments: